BYU Pardoe Theater
BYU Pardoe Theater Official Website
BYU Harris Fine Arts Center
Provo, UT 84604
The Harris Fine Arts Center houses three theatres used for student productions and instruction. Largest of the three, the Pardoe Theatre is named for T. Earl and Kathryn Pardoe, a husband-wife team who contributed immeasurably to speech and dramatic arts at Brigham Young University. T. Earl Pardoe was chairman of the Speech Department at BYU from 1919 to 1928, and again from 1931 to 1952, when he retired. He and his wife Kathryn taught thousands of BYU drama students during their years here, and left a valuable and lasting legacy. The Pardoe Theatre is essentially a laboratory for the application of production theory, and provides the venue for the Pardoe Series of productions. Virtually any type of production is technically feasible on its large stage with a proscenium opening of 19 by 55 feet, and it seats 620 people.
|The White Star||Aug 2007||World Premiere|